[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.810.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:21:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> Well, it is now consistent with how inspectors are openend via the halo. ;) I
> find this quite convenient because the RealEstateManager places new windows
> in a strange way and I always have to look for them on my 27" monitor. :D

Well, that is a problem you already have -- it is not the fault of
Reuse Windows.  :)   Opening windows in the hand is the wrong
solution.  There should be a hot-key which will emphasize the window
with focus on the desktop.  Either #flash it or darken all the other
windows briefly..

We had a discussion about this a while back (search archives for
"Morphic-cmm.728").  I submitted a Inbox proposal to #flash a window
after it was topped by the Reuse Windows preference but failed to
convince this community to adopt it.   :(

PS -- I just saw your fix.  That is much better thanks but I still
think opening in the hand is wrong.  Someday we should make this
consistent and fix your big monitor problem a different way.  :)