[squeak-dev] Canadian Smalltalk Competition

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Mon Apr 6 13:32:11 UTC 2015

Richard Eng visited the Pharo community a while ago being very enthusiastic
about his Smalltalk Renaissance project.  His strategy didn't end up
fitting the community, but I find his kickstarter to run a Smalltalk coding
competition for secondary students interesting.  Apart from straight
altruism to support it, providing a wide exposure of students to the
concept of Smalltalk just before they enter university should generate some
spillover to our communities. A rising tide lifts all ships.  And community
networking is a funny thing, some of those students will have parents in
strategic positions who would never otherwise be exposed to Smalltalk.  Its
worth considering....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1520902870/canadian-smalltalk-competition

cheers -ben