[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Wed Apr 8 21:55:02 UTC 2015

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007862.html

Name: Graphics-tk.309
Ancestors: Graphics-tfel.308

Some Mac applications won't let you drop in those files because they have the wrong Type and Creator. Here is a fix that makes the Type and Creator be '    ' and '    '.  This is for filing out an image of a morph.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007863.html

Name: Collections.spur-cmm.608
Ancestors: Collections-cmm.608, Collections.spur-ul.607

Collections-cmm.608 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

Merged cmm.603.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007864.html

Name: Collections.spur-ul.610
Ancestors: Collections-ul.610, Collections.spur-cmm.608

Collections-ul.610 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

- Slightly faster SequenceableCollection >> #copyUpT* (for ByteString receivers).
- SequenceableCollection >> #shuffled belongs to the shuffling category.
- Added FormatCharacterSet to String, which will be used by the new implementation of #format:
- Removed an unused temporary from String >> #expandMacrosWithArguments:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007865.html

Name: Collections.spur-ul.611
Ancestors: Collections-ul.611, Collections.spur-ul.610

Collections-ul.611 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

- Stricter and faster implementation of String >> #format:.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007866.html

Name: Collections.spur-bf.612
Ancestors: Collections-bf.612

Collections-bf.612 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

Ensure that copyWith/out retains the weak-ness of a weak array.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007867.html

Name: Kernel.spur-bf.917
Ancestors: Kernel-bf.917, Kernel.spur-topa.916

Kernel-bf.917 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

Fix accidental non-weak arrays in ObsoleteSubclasses values

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007868.html

Name: System.spur-mt.717
Ancestors: System-mt.717, System.spur-mt.716

System-mt.717 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

Use general window-update function when changing window colors.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007869.html

Name: System.spur-topa.718
Ancestors: System-topa.718, System.spur-mt.717

System-topa.718 patched for Spur by SpurBootstrapMonticelloPackagePatcher Cog-tpr.257

Drop dependencies.

For Preferences class>>#restorePreferencesFromDisk, we restore the old version, since right away there is no good way to allow old behavior (loading 'my.prefs'), selecting a custom prefs file, AND not depending on tools.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007870.html

Name: Morphic-mt.842
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.841

Made Slider more pluggable and thus removed PluggableSliderMorph from the system. The code that was not moved upwards into Slider was moved downwards into its sole subclass: BracketSliderMorph.

It was verified that the "new color picker morph", which is the sole user of that BracketSliderMorph, stays functional.

Why? The Slider should support custom min/max values whenever the default (floats with 0.0 to 1.0) is not appropriate. Truncation is supported, too. Everything was already present in the (removed) PluggableSliderMorph, but we need that behavior in ScrollBar.

Note: There is still the SimpleSliderMorph, which duplicates some behavior of Slider but is a base class of slider. E-Toys uses it. We may want to remove that duplicated code later.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007871.html

Name: Morphic-mt.843
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.842

Scroll pane refactored to avoid using floats for controlling the transform morph's offset but use integer values. This allows for a pixel-precise scrolling behavior.

Note: The postscript should correctly update all existing scroll panes and their scroll bars.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007872.html

Name: Morphic-mt.844
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.843

Fix lists to not reset the scroll position to 0 when updating their contents but keep it if possible. Having this, we can update lists without jumpy scrolling behavior.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/007873.html

Name: MorphicTests-mt.27
Ancestors: MorphicTests-mt.26

Tests added for Slider and ScrollBar.