[squeak-dev] Slack <-> IRC bridge

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 9 14:21:38 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Tobias Pape's message of 2015-04-09 15:02:56 +0200:
> I have set up a bridge between
> the Slack #public channel and the #squeak IRC channel on Freenode.
> I hope this is appreciated. If you want, I can mirror #general instead :)
> I think this makes the communication that is more actively happening on
> slack a little bit more available to the general public.

nice, though, could you maybe pick a shorter nickname for the bot?
it takes up about half the space in an 80 column terminal:
(15:25:48) squeak-slackbot:#squeak: <bert>: basically you want
                                    myobject-looklike-otherobject, so you get
                                    myobject's looklike-dot tile and drop a
                                    reference to otherobject into it (e.g. from
                                    otherobject's orange halo handle)
with a short name it would look better:
(15:25:48) sqb:#squeak: <bert>: basically you want
                        myobject-looklike-otherobject, so you get myobject's
                        looklike-dot tile and drop a reference to otherobject
                        into it (e.g. from otherobject's orange halo handle)

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life