[squeak-dev] WeakArray species (was The Trunk: Collections-bf.612.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Apr 10 15:03:45 UTC 2015

> On 10.04.2015, at 16:38, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>

>> On 09.04.2015, at 20:27, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> Not sure. The #testNoObsoleteClasses test is still failing, even though there were fewer obsolete classes when we fixed WeakArray>>copyWith:. Would reverting #species help fix these for good?
>>
>> I am unsure. Is there a weak-ref-guru out there?
>
> It would help to know what still holds onto the obsolete classes. Unfortunately, the test image does not get saved for a post-mortem.
>
> Let's see if Collections-bf.614 makes a difference ...

Nope, no difference:

http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/1250/console
2015-04-10T16:54:29.378+01:00: Collections (bf.614)

Failed Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testNoObsoleteClasses (from Tests)

Failing for the past 620 builds (Since #631 )
Took 92 ms.
Error Message

AnObsoleteMCMockClassA, AnObsoleteMCMockASubclass, AnObsoleteMCMockClassB, AnObsoleteMCMockClassD, AnObsoleteMCMockClassE, AnObsoleteMCMockClassF, AnObsoleteMCMockClassG, AnObsoleteMCMockClassH, AnObsoleteMCMockClassI, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeParent, AnObsoleteClassVarScopeChild and AnObsoleteClassVarScopeGrandchild are obsolete

Stacktrace

ReleaseTest(TestCase)>>assert:description:
ReleaseTest>>testNoObsoleteClasses
ReleaseTest(TestCase)>>performTest

- Bert -