[squeak-dev] New Cog VMs available

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:29:47 UTC 2015

On 10 April 2015 at 16:21, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Eliot,
>
> On 10.04.2015, at 15:46, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> aaand reverted. We got a crash:
>>>   http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/1245/console
>>

>> Yes.  I get a crash in updating with the v3 VM.  So far no problems with the Spur VM.  But Tibias, unless the bleeding edge gets tested how will I spit these regressions?  I need to know.  So can we not have two builds, one with the last known good and one with the bleeding edge?
>
> Sure, this is possible.
> probably something like a matrix build.
> Frank is more savvy with the infrastructure, tho.

I'd say that SqueakTrunk should use the latest stable Cog - its main
purpose is to test _trunk's_ bleeding edge. We do also have
SqueakTrunkOnSpur, which should track Spur's/Cog's bleeding edge.

Which means we should split the versions in the build scripts. Maybe
we should just have a COG_VERSION and a SPUR_COG_VERSION as a
not-too-stinky quick win?

frank