[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.915.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:59:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> In the future, please split up your commits with the "ignore" feature in the
> save dialog. Its either in the context menu or CMD+SHIFT+I.

I know about that, I used it for some other changes which I purposely left out.

> One commit should only contain related stuff.

I'm sorry I guess we disagree on this point.  I don't like when a
whole new 2MB Morphic mcz is made to, i.e., change a method comment.
When we have a mix of 80% "non-changes" in the history with 20%
"changes", it really dilutes the usefulness of the history (not to
mention, slowness and bloat).

If I have a big change, then yes, I'll usually group the methods into
their own commit(s), but when I have several small fixes, I see
benefit, not harm, in batching them up.