[squeak-dev] Re: classCommentBlank and mc history browsing

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:56:56 UTC 2015

Yes, those two tar balls I uploaded to your mirandabanda last week,
from our other thread, "Reproducible problem with String>>#<=".  One
of the tar balls has the image saved with the debugger open on what I
think looks like the invalid stack frame; where you can see the VM has
chosen to execute the code in the wrong order.  (PS -- I don't think
it has to do with becoming on the stack, but I'm not positive about
that).

(PPS -- in that image, note that another debuger will pop up from
startup code when the image launches about a file not found, just
ignore that one).

The other tar ball is one that can reproduce the problem;
unfortunately, not quickly and not always in the same place, but it
did eventually happen when I tried to load several thousand mcz's.
Unlike my past tests, this job is a single-core task, not multicore,
so a bit easier on your machine in case you decide to run it.

But I didn't try it iwth the latest Spur 3312 VM yet.  However, I have
the 3312 coglinuxht VM doing it on box4 right now for 13000 mcz's.  It
is almost half done, other than that problem yesterday ("halt: no free
methods; cannot compact.") it has been running smoothly.  Only about
halfway done now probably another couple of days to finish..