[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Apr 27 21:55:05 UTC 2015

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008140.html

Name: Morphic-topa.936
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.935

Refactor Font importer to lose all hard-coded pixels and use ToolBuilder better.

Also, make glyph-finding more robust

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008141.html

Name: SUnitGUI-topa.61
Ancestors: SUnitGUI-mt.60

Lose some hard-coded pixels

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008142.html

Name: Tools-topa.607
Ancestors: Tools-mt.606

Lose some hard-coded pixels and make the path/pattern offset-based (not fraction-based)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008143.html

Name: TrueType-topa.39
Ancestors: TrueType-topa.38

FontSet>>pointSize: Consistency with related implementations and losing hard-coded DPI

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008144.html

Name: Tools-cmm.608
Ancestors: Tools-topa.607

- Just display the selected system category in the window title of HierarchyBrowsers, no need for the new #showSystemCategory preference afterall.  Good idea Marcel!
- Inspector:  do NOT send any messages to the object being inspected, not even printString, until the user says so.  Essential for database apps and proxy debugging.
- Fixed loss of indentation in MessageTraces after using the filtering function off the menu.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008145.html

Name: ST80-dtl.182
Ancestors: ST80-cmm.181

Some tools (e.g. FontChooserTool) prefer to display text with no line wrapping. Add #wrapFlag: to PluggableTextMorph and StringHolderView to allow a tool builder to specify the preference in Morphic or MVC.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008146.html

Name: Morphic-dtl.937
Ancestors: Morphic-topa.936

Some tools (e.g. FontChooserTool) prefer to display text with no line wrapping. Add #wrapFlag: to PluggableTextMorph and StringHolderView to allow a tool builder to specify the preference in Morphic or MVC.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008147.html

Name: Morphic-mt.938
Ancestors: Morphic-dtl.937

Fixed text morphs to honor "autoFit but no wrapping" by resizing whenever text is modified. This added check for #isAutoFit at a critical place. Thus I converted its state to an instVar (was a morph property).

Now, we can turn-off soft line wraps in the whole image if we want to. Added a preference for that.

This commit includes a fix in adjustRightX in paragraph to consider the caret width, which would otherwise be invisible and the edge.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008148.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Kernel-mt.83
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Kernel-mt.82

Added configuration options for line wrapping to text spec.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008149.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.138
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.137

Consider configuration options for line wrapping when construction pluggable text morphs or input fields.

Note: Hard wrapping not yet supported.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008150.html

Name: Morphic-mt.939
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.938

Fixed Font Chooser Tool to not assume some particular implementation of their widgets.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008151.html

Name: Morphic-mt.940
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.939

Fixed button height in font chooser tool.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008152.html

Name: Morphic-mt.941
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.940

Honor system-wide default for line wrapping when creating a text morph.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008153.html

Name: Morphic-mt.942
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.941

Fixes a bug in basic Morph layouting.

Use #bounds: setter in #layoutBounds: instead of modifying the instance variable directly. Having this, submorphs that override #extent:, #position:, or #bounds: will also work in a layout.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008154.html

Name: Morphic-mt.943
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.942

In conjunction with turning off the soft line wrap, we can turn on a visual border to better support manual text composition.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008155.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.139
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.138

Enabled visual wrap border in code panes according to preference.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2015-April/008156.html

Name: System-cmm.725
Ancestors: System-mt.724

- Attempting to load preferences is blowing up, fix by restoring the old one-click behavior.
- Proper fix for browsing allStoresInto: SomeClassVar from: aClassOrMetaclass, so that all stores occurring in either the instance or class side will be revealed even if the browse was initiated from the class-side.