[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] ImageSegments and some OT (was: Re: Squeak 5 Image Segment Work [was [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5])

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Aug 20 14:47:42 UTC 2015

Hi Mariano,

On 20.08.2015, at 16:41, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> […]
> Is this similar to Tanker in the way that classes and methods are binary serialized with Fuel? (no compiling)
> Or you just used Fuel instead of the current usage of MCDataStream? If this is the case, then you would still be compiling at load time etc. We already did this experiment long ago and we didn't find a significant speedup.
>
> What were your findings?
[…]
Well that was 4 years ago: http://forum.world.st/Monticello-enhancing-td4179277.html
And I don't remember too well, just my feeling that it was a lot faster by replacing
the DataStream blob with a fuel blob (so, no, not like Tanker).
(No actual numbers written down, tho, sorry)

Best regards
	-Tobia