[squeak-dev] Re: PDX -- a quick and dirty roundup

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Aug 31 14:51:46 UTC 2015

Chris Cunnington-4 wrote
> I imagine other people had different impressions.

Great summary!

No matter how many Smalltalk conferences I attend, I am still struck by the
spirit of cooperation and giving. All the apparent boundaries disappear -
geographical, dialectical. Even the vendors and large commercial users
sponsor open source events and projects because they seem to feel, as I do,
that we are all in this together, and that whatever makes the community
stronger, helps us all. And, as always, the social event was magical to an
extent totally out of proportion to the community size - we're talking a
serious live jazz band here! Thanks, Instantiations :) And, btw, I'm giving
them a shout out especially because they sponsored the event in an extremely
low key and cool way. It was mentioned in the agenda, but there were no
giant corporate banners, mascots, etc. They were just there, part of our
community, enjoying a great evening together.

-----
Cheers,
Sean