[squeak-dev] mouse enter/move/leave event confusion

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Dec 4 02:14:34 UTC 2015

> On 03-12-2015, at 4:54 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> It looks like adding some code to grid-step in HandMorph>position: is the only way to proceed now.
> I’m going to work on the assumption that only the temporary cursor needs to worry about it, though if people want the cursor in general to grid it wouldn’t be hard to expand that. I’m not hugely keen on messing with HandMorph since it is so central to the UI so I’ll stick with a couple of globals or properties for the gridding info for now.

Using a couple of properties for now I can get pretty good results. There are a couple of places in my painting code that need mild hacks because the events sent are*not* gridded right now, only the hand position is and only when using a temporary cursor as well.
IF everyone likes the idea of having the ability to grid the cursor and mouse event positions as a general thing we could look into all the places that would need changes.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Mellita, domi adsum. = Honey, I'm home.