[squeak-dev] Name change: Mushroom ( was Re: evolutions of squeakelib & crypto)

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 22:57:10 UTC 2015

Ben, Huw, Todd and Sven, thank you all for your feedback!  I suppose I
could call the project "CryptOCaps" but for some reason I glommed onto
mushroom as the name. Not grandiose and it is somewhat descriptive...a
network of secure sessions, each one a mushroom. Ceps are highly valued.
We can tag it for the catalog.

For sure, we have Seaside, Morphic, Nebraska, Fuel, Alien, Cog,
Monticello and that's just the squeak side of unusual naming of
projects. I hope that "mushroom" gains a wide reputation as a solid,
reliable, secure and performant session layer under the CryptOCaps
presentation...I am thinking of splitting the secure session layer from
the ocaps presentation layer, but this would require another name
choice, so I hesitate...perhaps "Risotto"? What are your thoughts?

Best,
Robert