[squeak-dev] HandMorph position gridding

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 8 00:01:32 UTC 2015

After much fun, I have a plausible mechanism that introduces a way to have a temporary cursor move on a grid rather than in single pixel steps. This is useful for painting programs that want to work on scaled up bitmaps, or perhaps for drawing programs wanting to place morphs on a grid (say, electrical component icons on a virtual breadboard?). It requires 4 new HandMorph methods, 1 small change to HandMorph>position: and either the use of a couple of properties in HandMorph or a couple of additional instvars.

Does anyone have objections to this being added? Speak soon so I know if I have to try yet another tactic.

tim
Useful random insult:- Doesn't just know nothing; doesn't even suspect much.