[squeak-dev] Updating past 15464 (spur)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Dec 9 01:13:58 UTC 2015

This must have been noticed and I swear I saw messages about it not so long ago but I can’t find anything right now. Very frustrating!

I have an image updated to 15464 and when attempting to update it stops at Kernel.spur-dtl.850, opening an MC merge window. Attempting to do a merge doesn’t seem to work - something in one of the conflicts is nil when it shouldn’t be and so trying the relatively obvious ‘All Newer’ fails.

Manually choosing ‘Keep’ for each of the conflicts allows us to get a bit further. This time I get to Collections.spur-nice.569 where another merge window opens and, oh nice, an MNU from the timer event loop. At which point we are of course locked.

It must be possible to proceed since we have newer trunk images to download. Did we not find a way to allow us to just do the update ‘normally’?

tim
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do