Broken Update [was [squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:06:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

    whatever happened in unloading Universes, it broke the ability to
update a release Squeak 5.0 image to the current tip.  Hence my automated
scripts to build 64-bit images are broken.  Can whoever broke the update
either fix it, or provide some reasonable workaround so that I can restore
my scripts?  What's at stake here is, well, a high performance 64-bit
Squeak and/or Pharo.

I think it's reasonable, even mandatory that we should be able to update a
release N image to the tip of release N.  We should have CI servers that
try and do this (I think we do, don't we?), and so IMO it's incumbent on
whoever breaks the update to fix things, e.g. by changing update maps
appropriately.  [and I don't mean this as a punishment, or something that
the person has to do on their own; I'm happy to help fix things, it's
/really/ important that the update works, and not just from the last
update].

Thanks in advance.  Apologies if I appear rude; it's not my intent.  I just
want my auto-update back ;-)

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM, <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24
> hours: