[squeak-dev] Re: A Suggested Promotion

horrido horrido.hobbies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:34:07 UTC 2015

Raising the prize money should be a lot easier than for the CSC. Use
Kickstarter or Indiegogo. Make a spiffy advertising video (I'm a terrible
videographer). Do a nice write-up for the crowdfunding campaign (I can edit
your draft). Set a modest funding goal of, say, $2500 (for 5 contest
countries).

Offer a gift of a Pi Zero with Squeak preinstalled for the first 100
contributors of $30 or more.

I think this could work.

(Cautionary note: I see that there are quite a few campaigns at Kickstarter
that offer Raspberry Pi products. We may be a little late to the game. )

tim Rowledge wrote