[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] ||

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Feb 3 08:17:49 UTC 2015

> On 02 Feb 2015, at 21:47, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>     code as in the double bars forming the end of block arguments and the beginning of block temporaries in

This is fixed in Pharo4 (I think we did that in Pharo3 already):

In general, I really am convinced that we should continue to reduce the number of Smalltalk parsers
in the system. Imagine there would be only *one*, then bugs like this would never happen, we would
have less code to maintain and every improvement would benefit directly all subsystems that use
the Parser or the AST.

We already did that for the tools (RB) and the Compiler. We use the handwritten RBParser for now
(I would like to use PetitParser…).
The next would be to replace the Shout Parser+Tokenstream… we already in all tools create an AST
as soon as you select a method anyway. (the is for per-AST-Node Navigation + the “suggestions” menu).

RBParser already has #parseFaultyMethod:, this means it can generate an AST even for incomplete input
(with an error node). e.g. you can parse the expression ‘1+’:

There is already a SHRBTextStyler which uses it, we should finish that and replace the Shout parser.

	Marcus