[squeak-dev] Looking for a volunteer to help with DataStream on Spur

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:17:13 UTC 2015

Hi All,

    Spur adds two new immediate classes, Character and SmallFloat64.  It
also adds 61-bit SmallIntegers in 64-bits.
DataStream/ReferenceStream/SmartRefStream are all affected by this.  e.g.

        ReferenceStream testWith: $a

fails on 32-bit and 64-bit Spur.

    ReferenceStream testWith: SmallInteger maxVal

fails (silently, to be fixed soon) on 64-bit Spur.

Is anyone kind enough and motivated enough to give this code some love and
at least make it work for

32-bit Spur => 32-bit Spur
64-bit Spur => 64-bit Spur

but also hopefully for