[squeak-dev] v4linux & CameraPlugin

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Feb 8 00:47:53 UTC 2015

Is there anyone out there that actually feels they understand v4linux and how it is supposed to work with the CameraPlugin? At the moment, on a Pi, it works *once* but only once per run of squeak. The error message is
libv4l2: error setting pixformat: Device or resource busy
which seems to be a very common problem if you do a quick google. The problem is that it appears to have been common for a lot of people for a long time and many of the purported fixes make no sense to me at all. It doesn’t help that the code in the CameraPlugin/sqCamera-linux.c file doesn’t appear to fit in my head either.

Mind you, it does at least have the colours correct now; last time I managed to try it out (and I can’t recall whether it worked more than once back then, unfortunately) the RGB was more BGR.

tim
On a clear disk you can seek forever...