FW: [squeak-dev] RE: Squeak Oversight Board 2015 Elections

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:20:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Well only one week to go.  If you are planning on running for the Squeak
> Oversight Board, please announce your candidacy soon.
>
> So far we have 5 candidates for 7 spots.

I'm pretty good when it comes to taking up space, so let me announce
my candidacy for one of those two remaining slots.  :)

2015 is going to be a huge year for me; besides the doors that have
already been opened by a stable Spur VM, I can already see that the
new 64-bit images will require a file-format change for Magma.  On top
of that, I also want to reinvent Maui inside the browser, backed by
Squeak and Seaside.

The goal of these frameworks is to provide the shallowest possible
entrance-ramp for Squeak, so that users can write usable applications
even by focusing almost solely on domain code, instead of on
"developer issues" like persistence and UI code.

Squeak and you people in its community are important to me, I truly
like everyone here as fellow humans, maybe to the point that it has
made me too comfortable around you at times that I would continue to
pester you with my arguments.  I think the mention of attracting women
in the community invites a whole new and better dimension of
communication-style in this community which I wholeheartedly support.
In fact I would like to embrace it now, whether we have women in the
community yet or not.  I'm committing myself to /ensuring/ I only
engage in positive and productive discussion.

This reflects my same passion I've always had to fulfill our dreams
and goals for Squeak.  I want it to be great (as we all do), and I
want it to remain accessible, even to a non-developer audience.