[squeak-dev] how to pass default startup parameters to VM?

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:12:43 UTC 2015

Has anyone noticed that cutting text out of Chrome and trying to paste
it in Squeak does not work at all unless you first paste into a
text-editor first and copy it out of there?

Or, if you simply pass the -textenc utf8 paramter to the VM, all
C&P'ing seems to work just fine.

But I never remember to do it, plus its more to type every time I
start a VM.  So I wnat to put it into the actual bash script.

I thought I could just sneak it into the last line in that file:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PLUGINS:$SVMLLP:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}" exec "$BIN/squeak" "$@"

changing it to:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PLUGINS:$SVMLLP:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}" exec
"$BIN/squeak -textenc utf8" "$@"

but that isn't right.  Any suggestions?  Thx.