[squeak-dev] More Candidates

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:09:16 UTC 2015

So everybody running is pretty darned cool. Yeah, we got that going. But there's something missing. Haven't quite put my finger on it.

It's not that much of an investment at minimum. You have to telecommute to a meeting. Beyond that, you're still just a volunteer and you can still do whatever you want. I think of it more as an opportunity to put what you want to do in a place proximal to the center of the frame, where the lights are pointed. An opportunity to draw attention to the things you want to do. Inspire people to help you do them.

The point is, there's plenty of time for vampire slaying after Smalltalk club.

I bet there are a whole lot of people here, who -- deep down -- would like to do this thing, but for whatever reason, dismiss the possibility. To all of you, I say: just think of the possibilities!

I don't care who you are. Just, please run.

This message is brought to you by the number nine, which is really very interesting in itself, and the International Endowment for Giving Casey a Run for His Money, as well as the Campaign for Someone Other than Casey.

--C