[squeak-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:47:49 UTC 2015

On 12 February 2015 at 20:42, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3254/
>

> These fix two important bugs in the Spur VMs, so Newspeakers should update,
> and changes the default text encoding to UTF-8 on linux.

I updated CI with 3254, and now I see errors like this:

spawning command 1 with timeout 1500 seconds:
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/SqueakTrunk/target/cog.r3254/coglinuxht/bin/squeak
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/SqueakTrunk/target/TrunkImage.image"
../update-image.st
pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted
Read e.g. http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3254/README.3254

As it happens, we do have a /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf on
build.squeak.org that looks like this:

*       hard    rtprio  2
*       soft    rtprio  2

Thoughts?