[squeak-dev] Please add Robot support tools

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 17 17:59:08 UTC 2015

On 17-02-2015, at 2:44 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> unless we run under a real time OS the OS will prevent a process from getting CPU cycles for arbitrary timespans.

There are bare-metal kernels for Pi, and RISC OS, which whilst not strictly speaking RTOS is pretty damn close. If you run Squeak on RISC OS with no other apps you can get consistent sub-millisecond ticks etc. Linux does quite a few useful things but the more I work on the Pi the more I appreciate how many deeply annoying things it does too.

tim
Useful random insult:- Paralyzed from the neck up.