[squeak-dev] Re: Is there a preference setting to block automatic parentheses?

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:45:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> I am constantly annoyed by code that looks like
>
>   ()self foo: bar
>
> (because I more often edit than write forward)

> Best
>         -Tobias

Yes, this annoys me, too (which is why I turn it off).  Maybe if it
automatically adds the close only if it is at the end of the line (or the
next space is a white space), that would work better.  This added to Chris'
suggestion of checking if the next character is the same closing character
that you just typed and skipping over it would probably convince me to
leave it on.  Reasonable auto-complete + control-enclose for editing - I'd
like that.

-cbc