[squeak-dev] Speaking of rounded corners...

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Feb 24 18:05:17 UTC 2015

On 24.02.2015, at 09:02, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> I think that the CornerRounder is not appropriate. It's a hack like its class
> comment sais. ;-)

Indeed.

> Is performance an issue?

It might be. Our window redraws are pretty slow anyway so it might not matter much, but then making it even slower may not be the best idea ;)

You also have to watch out for the different border styles a morph can have (OTOH the CornerRounder only handles borders  up to 2 pixels wide anyway).

A related issue is that we should start to take advantage of higher-resolution displays without pixel-doubling. Squeak looks seriously outdated on a 200 dpi screen. Drawing things properly is a step in that direction.

- Bert -