[squeak-dev] Re: Is there a preference setting to block automatic parentheses?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 25 08:23:58 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

this version is better than the original one. However, we still need:

- direct removal of opening bracket should remove (automatically inserted)
closing bracket, too
- closing the innermost of several opening brackets should not jump to the
- single and double quotes should be considered, too
- opening a bracket in front of a letter should not insert the closing one,
too (i.e. "(|Morph new")

I agree with you that we do not need a stack of automatically inserted
brackets but only consider the current context of the text cursor.

Best,
Marcel