[squeak-dev] Fwd: Process scheduling question

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:37:51 UTC 2015

Right, but is there a concurrent use of this semaphore?
I mean the active process will acquire AccessSema again and again until it
give up control.
A process of same priority cannot take control and concurrently preempt
AccessSema until then.
The active process will give up control if
1) it explicitely yield (not that many senders)
2) or if a higher priority process take possession of AccessSema.
  AccessSema is only used by endEntry, so it would mean a higher priority
proess is transcripting.
3) or if the acquisition of another semaphore is blocked...

I failed to find occurences of 1) and 2) so I was tempted by explanation 3)
but also failed to find it...
Case of blindness?