[squeak-dev] Re: VALS semester of code

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 12 16:42:26 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Martin Bähr's message of 2015-01-12 04:01:59 +0100:
> i am a mentor for FOSSASIA, which is signing up for VALS semester of code:
> http://www.semesterofcode.com/
> http://vps2.semesterofcode.com/
>
> while discussing potential projects on irc, the suggestion came up that since
> squeak and pharo have been participating in the Google summer of code before
> through ESUG, you might be interested in the VALS semester of code too.

I don't know if anyone from ESUG, squeak and pharo orgs have tried to sign up,
but in case they haven't, in the meantime FOSSASIA has been accepted, and since
i am mentoring a few smalltalk projects, i would like to invite squeak and
pharo developers to join me as mentors, and also offer you to mentor your own
projects.

my smalltalk projects are here:
http://labs.fossasia.org/2015/01/10/smalltalk-search-app.html
http://labs.fossasia.org/2015/01/10/smalltalk-file-editor.html

Registration for mentors is by invitation, so if you are able to mentor projects
please send me an email with details about projects you would like to mentor.

We only have a short time to register mentors and list projects, so please
reply as soon as you can.

The name of the project
Describe the project
    At a minimum, please include the expected outcome of the project, a potential mentor, the skills and/or languages required to complete the project, and a general "difficulty" level. The project should take about 3 months to complete. Please bear in mind that it's better to start with a smaller project that can be extended if your student proves to be capable rather than have an over-ambitious idea which can't be completed in time.
The url of this project
    This could be for example a link to a bug tracker issue or google doc that describes the project idea.
Some tags to facilitate searching (Delimited by comma i.e. php, javascript, html)

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life