[squeak-dev] re: Context status 2015-01-16

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Jan 16 23:38:01 UTC 2015

> If you ever do a video of a reasonably-sized imprinting experiment
> onto your core-classes image from a modern Squeak image, I will be
> very interested to see it!

     Sure, right now you can browse the kernel memory from Squeak 4.5.
Every time you accept a method, you're compiling it in Squeak 4.5 and
imprinting it onto the kernel. But you're referring to imprinting driven
by method execution? (Each method that is run is imprinted elsewhere, as
a side-effect.) What code would you like to see imprinted?

     In any case, I do plan to make videos showing all the top-level
features.

     thanks,

-C

--