[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cmm.694.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 11:39:09 UTC 2015

On 16 January 2015 at 21:44,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cmm.694.mcz

> Name: System-cmm.694
> Author: cmm
> Time: 16 January 2015, 3:44:19.079 pm
> UUID: e79a2347-2f40-4fec-8f00-f67ecad68491
> Ancestors: System-dtl.693
>
> - #flush stdout and stderr after writing error information to them.
> - After that, if the exception is resumable (i.e. a Warning), resume it.  Except if its a MessageNotUnderstood -- that is not an error you want to resume in a headless environment.

Why? It's probably a rare use case for a #run: script to catch MNUs to
do something fancy, I guess? Maybe it's because #run: is usually
(always?) the top level of the program?

Catching only MNUs seems very specific. Maybe there could be a #run:
version that says "and here's a function you can use to control which
exceptions are OK to resume, and which not"?

frank