[squeak-dev] About Inbox (was: The Trunk: Collections-mt.602.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jan 20 09:59:59 UTC 2015

> On 20.01.2015, at 09:10, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> On 20.01.2015, at 07:27, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>
>> Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-mt.602.mcz

>> Name: Collections-mt.602
>> Author: mt
>> Time: 20 January 2015, 8:27:19.919 am
>> UUID: 96d6fefa-c902-7640-bd09-c17016199e81
>> Ancestors: Collections-ul.601
>
> Process question.
> Marcel just merged the changes from an inbox commit.
> Should Collections-ul.601 be

> d) be left alone?

No way. We need to work on getting Inbox to zero ;)

> c) be delete or

Nope. We want to preserve all contributions.

> b) moved to the treated inbox or

That would be appropriate if this version isn't in the ancestry of Trunk.

> a) moved to Trunk (for ancestry)

Yep. Every direct ancestor should be in Trunk.

Whether to include step-parent versions (from backporting/cherrypicking) in Trunk would be debatable. I would probably say having them in treated-inbox is enough, but keeping them in Trunk wouldn't hurt either.

- Bert -