[squeak-dev] re: Read-only source files

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Jan 21 01:31:26 UTC 2015

> ReadWriteStream really is a complex beast.

     Now *that* is certain. The traditional Stream implementation is
significantly bogus. I've never had a need for a write-only stream, so
all streams can be readable by default; any exceptional circumstances
can use... exceptions. Then ReadStream, WriteStream and ReadWriteStream
go away, instead there's a WritableStream subclass of
PositionableStream. Lots of discussion about multiple inheritance and
traits also goes away, which is pleasant. ;)

     I suspect this is how They would have done it in the first place
back in the day, if they had had exceptions.

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org