[squeak-dev] BabyIDE now works in Squeak 4.5

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jan 22 14:59:46 UTC 2015

Hi Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to look at BabyIDE. You spotted its most
novel part, the graphical
interaction diagram. Alan coined the term object orientation: "/Thus its
semantics are a bit like having thousands and thousands of computers all
hooked together by a very fast network./". The interaction diagram shows
such a network where objects have been mustered to play their roles in
the performance of a task or use case. The behavior of the objects is
coded in methods attached to the roles.

General questions and ideas about DCI can best be placed on
         object-composition at googlegroups.com
which represents several years of DCI knowledge and experience with
implementations in languages such as C++, C#, Marvin, Ruby, Scala,
Erlang, Javascript, Haxe, PHP, and Python. Smalltalk is not in this
list. This is surprising since Smalltalk has the most sophisticated IDE
for DCI and is its natural home.

--Trygve

--

The essence of object orientation is that
objects collaborateto achieve a goal.