[squeak-dev] Re: moving a class betwen two monticello packages

Michal michal-list at auf.net
Wed Jan 28 19:12:00 UTC 2015

hi Marcel -

Thanks for your answer, and yes, I should have been clearer:

> What exactly did you do? :)

A version of this:

> Having a system with old Pkg1 to update with new version, C will be removed.

That is: mv class C from Pkg1 to Pkg2 in a development image, load Pkg1 and then Pkg2 in the server image (this is Seaside related).

And yes, depending on the order of loading, C will come back, but it will have lost its state, if any, obviously. So the question stands, I think:

What is the best way of moving a class from one mcz package to another, and then load those packages in a different image without ever getting C removed from the image?