[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Jul 3 19:31:07 UTC 2015

Hi all

On 03.07.2015, at 21:21, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
>
>> Another feedback:
>>
>> The overall grey tones of the display are rather depressing to me. I know some people consider that Squeak used to be way too colorful, but now it seems we jumped right to the other end of the spectrum...
>
> +1000.  Personally I like the rice paper.  Why can't we keep it?

For 8 years now we have 80 students per year that have their first
contact with Squeak, and an unobtrusive background as plain
as possible hast gotten the "best"[1] responses.

A release is an outwards-activity; everyone here who posts at least once
a year is able to change the background in no time, yet newcomers can
actually be offended and turned away.

Best regards
	-Tobias

[1]: in the sense of the fewest bad words. The rice paper mostly got
     "really ugly" or "childish" and the ulam spiral "strangely
     distracting". Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reporting.