[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jul 3 23:03:11 UTC 2015

On 03-07-2015, at 12:31 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> [1]: in the sense of the fewest bad words. The rice paper mostly got
>     "really ugly" or "childish" and the ulam spiral "strangely
>     distracting". Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reporting.

People get really strongly attached to their views on what are really pretty trivial choices. We’re an odd bunch.
Remember all the screaming in pain when iOS changed from cartoon-reality to flat simplicity? Metro? Vista?

I suppose we could try to include some tool to read skin specifications, segmented bitmaps or even svg files. Scratch uses a large dictionary of bitmaps, and it works ok as a concept. I’d prefer scalable data though. I guess if someone really wants baroque curliques and Elvis(h) fonts then maybe we should try to support them.

tim
Strange OpCodes: DTF: Dump Tape to Floor