[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jul 4 00:14:20 UTC 2015

Giving the RC image a play whilst labouriously logging the SUnit testrunner on ARMCogSpur to see why ALSA hates us so much…

Immediate impression - wow, that’s a dark grey background. Like, dark, man.

The stack of introductory workspaces windows seems in the wrong order to me; perhaps the ‘working with Squeak’ one at the front, followed by the ‘The Squeak User Interface’ ? If had been able to make time to work out how the damn thing works I’d have submitted changes to the Help Browser so that it could be the one thing open at startup, with everything within.

Speaking of which, open the help browser and click on ‘Squeak’ then ‘The Project’ -> MNU TheWorldMainDockingBar class>>releaseNotes appears. I see the notifier no longer has the stack displayed, nor does clicking on it’s content do anything anymore. After ‘debug’, we see that SqueakProjectHelp class>releaseNotes  claims to have been automagically generated and sends #releaseNotes to TheWorldMainDockingBar - but the method is on the class side, not the instance side. So the code that *generated* the method should probably be fixed, whichever method that might be.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Fac ut gaudeam = Make my day.