preserving history with breakpoints [Was Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate]

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 4 14:15:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 12:10:41AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 07:23:27PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> > Hi Chris, Hi All,
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > We have a release candidate image.
> > >
> > >   http://ftp.squeak.org/4.6/
> > >
> > > The new sources file is required.
> > >
> > > Please test your apps.  This could be the final image unless major
> > > issues are uncovered.
> >
> > One issue that I'm very tempted to address before the final release is the
> > bug to do with inadvertent editing of a breakpointed method.
>
> Squeak 4.6 needs to be frozen. This sounds like something that can be
> addressed in a next release after 4.6, so lets do that please.

I guess that is entirely the wrong thing for me to say, since I don't
even know what would be involved in the fix.

What I should have said is that it is great that we have the release
candidate prepared in time for ECOOP (thanks!), so I think it would be
good to avoid any late changes to that release package unless really
necessary.

Dave