[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 release candidate

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jul 6 04:13:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 11:10:12PM -0400, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Your error is reproducible on a Linux 4.13.12-3323 vm with the RC by running this in a Workspace:
>
> MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepository: ???http://www.squeaksource.com/TwosComplement' <http://www.squeaksource.com/TwosComplement'> baseName: ???update???
>
> I suggest that you developed these:
>
> MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.131.mcz
> MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.132.mcz
> MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.133.mcz
>
> on a Cog vm and now you???re seeing them in action on an interpreter vm for the first time.
>
> FWIW,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking.

Actually no, I am fairly sure that most of my updates to trunk have
been done from an interpreter VM, and usually from my working 64-bit
image (image format 68002). But there certainly are other updates to
the system that will have been done from other image and VM combinations,
so it is not out of the question that there might be a problem related
to one of those, perhaps related to Monticello binary snapshots or
something of that nature. But I am totally guessing, I really can't
figure this one out at all :-(

Dave