[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 -- 2nd release candidate

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:11:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 7:33 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 09:46:09PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
>> Probably the Compiler recompileAll..?
>
> Confirmed.
>
> Compiler recompileAll results in an image that crashes the interpreter VM.
> A fully updated trunk image works fine, but recompiling it breaks the image.

Interpreter VM will not be able to run Spur images going forward.  So
this is the last possible release to support the Interpreter VM anyway
is that right?

Maybe it is time to abandon Interpreter VMj?  Or release 4.6 without
the recompileAll and release 5.0 with it?

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.