[squeak-dev] cogspurlinuxht under daemontools

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

    I really know very little about this.  I don't understand the mechanism.  But I'm told that the limits file takes effect on login.  i.e. if the file is created while a user is logged in it won't take effect for that user until that user logs out and logs back in again and only applies to those sessions that logged in once the file had been created.  I /dont/ know whether su sets up a new session.  i should try that experiment.

So perhaps you could have daemon tools run login or su to create a new session and see if the ht version can be run by daemontools in that session.  Presumably daemons launched at boot aren't in the right state.  (What an absurdity they've invented here).

Eliot (phone)