[squeak-dev] Re: the Warning changes

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:58:20 UTC 2015

Hi All,

    yes, Chris, the change to Debugger>>openNotifierContents:label:, cmm
7/2/2015 11:18, borks the stack trace.  i.e. this

spec := self buildNotifierWith: builder label: label message: msg.

became

spec := self buildNotifierWith: builder label: label message: (msg ifNil:
[label]).

which means no stack trace ever.  I think it needs to be something like

spec := self buildNotifierWith: builder label: label message: (msg ifNil:
[(label beginsWith: 'Warning:') ifTrue: [label]]).

Is this serious enough to go for another release candidate?  IMO it is, but
I'd like to canvas opinions.

--
best,
Eliot