[squeak-dev] Squeak 5 will run on Rasberry Pi OOTB

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:22:03 UTC 2015

I believe every reproducible issue in this thread is addressed except
the following:

I wrote:
> someone said the VM is crashing in the Jenkins build due to
> ImageSegments tests.  Do we want to disable those tests?

No tests were disabled.  Are we ok?

> - Look at the image size, its DOUBLE the size of the 4.6 image.  Why?

The top 10 consumers of space are essentially the same in 4.6 and 5.0.
So the extra space consumption must be something related to Spur
internals.

Herbert wrote:
> When I use list filtering for the instvars in an inspector the list doesn't
> automatically  return to normal. Maybe a preference I missed.

Marcel (un)set this as the new default for this release.  "Filterable
Lists Clear Automatically".

Karl wrote:
> It seems control and alt keys are not swapped so out of the box you have to
> use alt+c to copy text on Windows.

This is how it was in 4.6 and even 4.5.  Won't change this for 5.0 at
this point.

=======

I just uploaded a new 5.0 All-in-One with all the other issues addressed.