[squeak-dev] Squeak 5 will run on Rasberry Pi OOTB

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Jul 25 16:17:58 UTC 2015

Hi Eliot,

I tried with -maxoldspace 60M (after I tied 128M and 64M).

I learned that I have to put some parameters into "" but have to add
-maxoldspace without "" otherwise the VM complains it doesn't understand
that parameter. Maybe there is still something wrong because now "Abut
this System" shows two VM parameters, maxoldspace and 64M.

Also the high CPU usage in the Inspector on all inst vars does not go away.

Anyway the main problem is me running the A+ were I could have used my
B+ with twice as much RAM but a bit less power consumption. All was fine
until I switched from 640x480 camera resolution to 1296x972. But the new
VM allowed to keep the framerate at a slightly higher CPU load. We had a
very windy day and night so the motion detection was very busy.

But it runs stable for over 24 hours now under heaviest load ever so I'm
really happy with it.

If I have suggestions for the VM I'll go to VM dev.

Thanks,

Herbert