[squeak-dev] Mac Squeak binary virtual machine for Squeak 3.10.2

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 11 15:53:17 UTC 2015

On 11-06-2015, at 8:33 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> IIRC Eliot stated that a single VM couldn't be efficient. But we have scripts which can choose the right VM. What we need is a "VM pack" which contains multiple VMs for the platform.

… and just the other day Dave posted his shell script that does the image testing and chooses the appropriate vm.

The practical issue is the effort involved in maintaining old code in the face of changing OS releases etc. There’s only so many people with so much (or usually, so little) time.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- L'ETAT, C'EST MOE - All the world's a stooge