[squeak-dev] Raspberry - GPIO - telephone caller id - Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 15 16:43:22 UTC 2015

On 15-06-2015, at 6:43 AM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> I will try to keep you informed.  The board you pointed me to seems like
> overkill and at any rate is way more expensive than I can use as I would
> like to build something and eventually sell it.

It’s quite a sophisticated bit of kit and probably does much more than you need.

> Someone from element14, the company here in the US where we can buy
> Raspberries, said "No chip is needed, but you need to program the GPIO to
> listen to a ring and then FSK the remaining information from a bleep.
> http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question409.htm".  This seems like a
> tremendous amount of work to get the GPIO to do and a lot of reinventing
> the wheel.  I don't know for sure but I think there should be a chip that
> can get the caller id info and pass it to the Raspberry (USB or other port)
> and maybe even be able to handle the A/D-D/A conversion for recording and
> playing of messages.
>
> I'm trying to find a chip(s) that can do this and then maybe some help
> wiring it to the Raspberry.

Have you tried the raspberrypi.org forums yet?

> Thanks for your interest and any other thoughts you may have.
>
> Lou
>
> P.S.  I need permission to enter the site you pointed me to below.

Oops, should be fixed now. It was set to private originally, now should be open.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare = I think some people in togas are plotting against me.