[squeak-dev] Raspberry - GPIO - telephone caller id - Squeak

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jun 16 14:57:59 UTC 2015

Hi Tim and Ben,

To answer Tim's question, I have looked around the Raspberry Pi forums but
the posts mostly talk about using a caller id enabled modem.  Unfortunately
the inexpensive ones don't support the latest version of caller id info
used here in the US (I have one that doesn't work).  I contacted the
manufacturer and they have no plans to keep making the modem, never mind
updating it to the latest caller id level.

One of the links that one of you gave me led me to a chip the CYG2020
http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/ixys/cyg2020#RpgQ that looks good for
the job.  We may also need an LCA110
https://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/ixys/lca110#eygg.  I have ordered one
of each for about $22.50 including tax and shipping.

Now I need to learn enough about wiring them to a Raspberry without frying
everything.  Any help in that area will be great.

Lou

P.S.  I can point you to some PDF spec sheets if you want them.