[squeak-dev] Speaking of all those hacks in HandMorph...

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 3 20:18:08 UTC 2015

Hi, there!

I am just looking into all those scary hacks in HandMorph regarding drawing
routings...

Why? I stumbled upon GrafPort (BitBlt) #image:at:... methods and noticed
that thei ignore Form >> #offset, which is important for AnimatedImageMorph
(and animated GIFs).

I fixed that. Then, dragging things with the hand got messed up.

Let me summarize it one question:

Why does HandMorph not behave like other morphs considering, #fullBounds,
#changed, #position:, #fullDrawOn:, #hasDropShadow, #drawDropShadowOn:,
#drawSubmorphsOn:... ? Is it or was it a performance thing?

The goal is to avoid code like that:

aCanvas paintImage: aForm at: aForm offset.

Because only BitBlt should read #offset.

Best,
Marcel